HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
OU Habitat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
habitat-l <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:37:43 -0500
Hey,

This is a reminder to all groups participating in Shack-a-thon.  Shack-a-thon starts tomorrow, September 25, at 8am in the South Oval.  You can unload your materials by either parallel parking on the Gould/GLC side or by going down Elm, making a right, and going down the other Dale Hall side.  However, the other side provides no good way of turning around, so I recommend unloading quickly on the Gould/GLC side.  Just remember, buses come down that way.  Also, don't forget that you MUST provide your own materials and a sign with a statistic about poverty housing.  Please don't forget.

When you arrive, go to the check-in table.  There you will receive your donation cans, your t-shirts if you ordered them, and a time-table of events.  Shack-a-thon will officially end 2 pm on Friday, at which time we will tally the votes and hand out prizes.

Other tips:  Bring snacks if you want them.  We will be providing some food, but being hungry college students, you may want more.  Also, bathrooms will be open in Dale Hall till midnight.  After that, you will probably have to use the Union, which is open 24 hours.  Don't forget you will probably want some sort of sleeping bag if you are staying overnight.

Finally, to all those not participating, PLEASE save a few dollars or just some change to donate.  And spread the word to all your friends and classmates.

Thanks.

-Nathan Corbett
President
664-3293