HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Mike Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HABITAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:20:11 -0600
The Walk for Habitat was a big success!  We raised over $1,300 to help
build the first OU Habitat house!  Many thanks to the 15 or so people
who braved the cloudy, misty weather to show their support for Habitat.
(Hopefully next year it will be nice and sunny.)  No word yet on the
fund-raising prize winners, but we will keep you informed.  We are now
at approximately 55% of our goal of raising $25,000.  Any donations are
greatly appreciated.

Construction should begin soon.  Right now we are waiting for the slab
to be poured.  After that, we will need 10-15 volunteers nearly every
Saturday.  Rita Patel will be in charge of scheduling people for the
work days.  If you are interested in building, please contact her at
321-2337 or [log in to unmask]  It is not yet clear how we will handle the
scheduling, but everyone please be flexible and understanding if you
aren't able to work the day you want or it rains or whatever.  It may
work out to be easiest if we schedule people no more than a week or two
in advance.  We are especially interested in student groups or other
organizations who can do some fundraising to help with the building
costs.  After all, the biggest limit to how much building we can do is
money.  If just having excited volunteers were enough, we'd have built
10 houses already!

Mike Schneider