HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:06:04 -0600
Hey guys,

In case you  couldn't make it to the meeting last night, here is what we discussed:

*We are still selling Kaplan LSAT and MCAT courses at a $200 discount, contact Clint ([log in to unmask]) for details.

*Everyone who signed up for Big Event: remember that it is Saturday, April 2nd.

*We are working on putting together a 5k run as a spring fundraiser- if you have any contacts or good advice, or would like to assist with this fundraiser, contact Kirtan ([log in to unmask]).

*There will be a pancake fundraiser in conjunction with McFarlin Methodist and Cleveland County Habitat. It is on Saturday, April 23rd from 7-11am. Tickets are $4 for all you can eat pancakes, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, and milk. Every ticket we sell is $4 for OU Habitat, so we really want to promote this thing! If you are in a greek house and would like to put up a flier in your house for us, we'd love it! We will have fliers and tickets available after Spring Break.

*Habitat will  also be help
ing another campus group with a weeklong fundraiser (April 11th - 17th) for help in Darfur, in the Sudan.  More information is coming on this, but since much of the funds will go for housing in the area, we thought it was appropriate!

*We are looking at Rusty's for our next social event/fundraiser, so be thinking about your favorite ice cream. ;o)

*ACT SPEAK BUILD week, a national Habitat for Humanity week of advocacy, is being held from April 4th - 8th this year. We will be using this as a week of promotion on campus to really try to get out the message of Habitat. If you would like to help in making signs, posters, fliers, or just whatever, contact Scott ([log in to unmask]).

*Our next meeting will be the Tuesday following Spring Break - March 22nd - in the Frontier room of the Union at 7:30pm. Hope you can be there!

If you have questions about any of this, please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask], or call me at 255-5696.

Thanks!!
Stephanie