HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Erica Shakal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:54:17 -0600
Hey guys,
Here is the information for the build this Saturday February 11. The address is 105 N. Turner Street in Moore. It will be from 9am-3pm. Bring a sack lunch and wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. I myself am unable to attend the build so if you are unable to drive there let me know or post on the Habitat fb page to see if anyone else going would like to ride together.

If you missed the meeting this week here are some of the highlights. Race planning is really moving along!!
-The name of the race is "Hustle for Habitat" with a 70's disco theme
-DG Productions will be providing the race clock, start/finish sign, tents (they put on the Theta 5K every year)
-We are very close to getting our race date approved by the university, looking like it will be on April 14
-Registration costs: $15 for students, $20 for community, and $25 on race day
-Registration includes Race t-shirt, Bibs (race number) and chips (timer worn on shoes)
-Separate walkers and runners at the start line to encourage walkers to come out

What I need for everyone to be thinking about:
-What special awards will we give out to winners in age groups (example: medal, gold/silver/bronze hammer)
-What kinds of places you will be going to to ask to sponsor our race ($250 for logo on the back of race shirt and $100 for just name on back of shirt)

Thank you everyone for all of your hard work!

Erica Shakal