HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
OU Habitat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
habitat-l <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:41:07 -0500
Hello,

Here is the information regarding Game-day paintcans, including directions to Habitat.  Game day paintcans involves us standing at intersections and soliciting cars for money.  The event gets its name from the fact that we hold empty paint cans to receive the cash.  Usually one or two people in your group hold up signs while the others solicit cars.  This event in the past has usually raised on average two hundred dollars an hour.

This Saturday we will be meeting at 8:30 am and will probably go to noon, but not past noon because I know many of you will want to go watch the game.  Habitat is located at 1835 Industrial Blvd.  To go there, go North on Flood past Robinson.  Take a right on Lexington, which will be the first street on your right.  You will cross the rail-road tracks.  Industrial Blvd. will be immediately to your left.  Go left on Industrial Blvd.  Habitat will be on your right side and is well marked.

Details:  There are specific rules you need to follow regarding paint cans.  You cannot stand out far into the intersection, especially when there is a green-light and traffic is moving.  You are then both endangering yourself and the traffic.  Also, you must use behavior becoming of a Habitat representative, which is a no-brainer (such as don't cuss or be rude in front of potential doners).  Finally, the Norman police request a copy of your drivers license or student ID.  Just drop a copy of this in Mailbox 225 in the Union, located near the UOSA offices, before 2:00 pm Friday before any of these events.

For individuals already in a group/team or that represent a student organization, it is also important that you do not mix your money with another group.  That way, when we count the money, we can keep track of how much money your group has raised.

Finally, here is a schedule of the game-day paintcans so you can decide which ones you may be interested in.

Sat. Sept 13th                                  Game Day Paintcans
Sat. Sept 20th                                  Game Day Paintcans
Sat. Oct. 18th                                  Game Day Paintcans
Sat. Nov 1st                                    Game Day Paintcans
Sat Nov 8th                                     Game Day Paintcans

Right now, all meeting times will be at 8:30 am at Habitat, 1835 Industrial Blvd.  Any changes to this time will be announced.  I hope to see you all there.  If you have any questions, call me at 664-3293 or e-mail at [log in to unmask]  Thanks.

-Nathan, OU Chapter President

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers