HEARTLAND Archives

Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group

heartland@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Hallford, Gene (HSC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:01:26 -0500
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center primarily uses the SAS
statistical package as the site license is cheaper (per machine).
Typically SPSS is more user friendly than SAS, and both provide about
the same statistical procedures. Personally, I prefer SAS but that is
because I learned it first. Many with equivalent experience in both
prefer SPSS.