HEARTLAND Archives

Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group

heartland@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Peck, Dawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:50:23 -0600
I'm looking for someone that would be interested in collaborating with a group of us at U of MO.  We have developed a test that can be run by buccal swabs to screen for the Mennonite MSUD mutation, as well as provide fast diagnostic testing for at risk babies. We are also able to screen for hemophilia in the Amish population, but this wouldn't necessarily be the focus on this project.   We would like to also utilize telehealth services to reach some of the populations for education and screening.

From reviewing our books re: the Mennonite population, there ARE Mennonite communities in all of the Heartland States.  If any of you are following any Mennonite MSUD patients, or are interested in finding out the Mennonite distribution in your state, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Dawn

Dawn S. Peck, MS, CGC