HEARTLAND Archives

Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group

heartland@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Sharmini Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Communication for the Heartland Regional Genetics Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 14:22:15 -0500
Thank you for your interest.  If it is alright with you I will give your contact information to Dr. DeBaun so he can talk to you more regarding the grant.

Dr. Sharmini V. Rogers, MBBS, MPH, Chief
Bureau of Genetics and Healthy Childhood
Section for Healthy Families and Youth
Division of Community and Public Health
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
930 Wildwood Drive
Jefferson City MO 65109
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 573-751-6214

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This electronic communication is from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and is confidential, privileged and intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the following email address [log in to unmask] .  Thank you

>>> James L Harper <[log in to unmask]> 5/11/2006 1:32 PM >>>
I am definitely interested in participating.   The aspect of counselling
trait families is a common problem here and I have developed podcasts for
helping primary care providers do this.   I have also developed family
instruction sheets that our screening program sends to the families of all
new babies with an abnormal result.

I may not be able to make the phone call as Mondays are very tight for me.

With warmest regards,

James Harper, MD
Associate Professor, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Associate Chair for Medical Education in Pediatrics
Address:                                                    Phone:
UNMC                                                       (402) 559-8347
982168 Nebraska Medical Center             Fax: (402) 559-6782
Omaha, NE 68198-2168                            Email:   [log in to unmask]

----- Forwarded by James L Harper/Pediatrics/UNMC/UNEBR on 05/11/2006
01:29 PM -----

05/11/2006 01:12 PM

cc

Subject
Fw: Grant Opportunity - Teleconference call, 5/22/05-9am

I plan on calling in.  I know your clinic schedule may not allow this, but
if you can, the call in information is below:

Julie Miller, Program Manager
Newborn Screening/Genetics
Nebr. Health & Human Services,
Dept. of Regulation & Licensure
P.O. Box 95007
Lincoln, NE  68509-5007
402 471-6733   FAX: 402 471-1863
*********************************
"There are no such things as incurables, there are only things for which
man has found no cure", Bernard Baruch
----- Forwarded by Julie Miller/HHSS/NEBRLN on 05/11/2006 01:11 PM -----

             "Beck, Carol D.
             (HSC)"
             <Carol-Beck@OUHSC                                          To

             .EDU>                     [log in to unmask]

             Communication for
             the Heartland                                         Subject

             Regional Genetics         Grant Opportunity - Teleconference
             Group                     call, 5/22/05-9am
             <HEARTLAND@SPEEDY
             .OUHSC.EDU>

             05/11/2006 12:45
             PM

             Please respond to
             Communication for
               the Heartland
             Regional Genetics
                   Group
             <HEARTLAND@SPEEDY
                .OUHSC.EDU>

The Hematology Center at Washington University, Missouri called to say
they
would like to apply for the Sickle Cell Treatment Demonstration Program.
This grant is very similar to the Heartland Regional collaborative in that
they too need to work with the regional states to form a network to
accomplish goals and objectives determined by the network. A conference
call has been scheduled for Monday, 5/22/06 at 9am with Wash U, the
Heartland Center, and all of you to let the Hematologist Dr. DeBaun who is
internationally and nationally known for his expertise in Sickle Cell
Disease. He would like to propose that Missouri be the pilot state to
determine the standards of care for Sickle Cell trait counseling as well
as
treatment and management of disease by medical entities that may not have
hematology centers such as the Federally Qualified Health Centers. Please
let me know if you will be interested in this project.  The Heartland
Center will be participating in this conference call. Please let me know
if
you can make that time.

The conference call dial-in information is:
            Toll Free ph#: 888-296-1938
            Participant Code: 325076

Thank you,,
Dr. Sharmini V. Rogers, MBBS, MPH
Chief Bureau of Genetics, and
Healthy Childhood Section for Healthy Families, and
Youth Division of Community, and
Public Health Missouri Department of Health, and
Senior Services 930 Wildwood Drive
Jefferson City MO 65109
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 573-751-6214

This electronic communication is from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and is confidential, privileged and intended only for the use of the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the following email address: [log in to unmask] or by calling (573) 751-6388.  Thank you.