OCFMR-B Archives

PDQNet Community Leadership Team List

ocfmr-b@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Cross, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Family Medicine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:29:28 -0500
Good Evening All,
Becky Pruitt, the Mercy Health Center Ethicist,  was telling me about an
acquaintance of hers, Dr. Guy Clifton who is Professor and Chair of the
Dept. of Neurosurgery at the University of Texas-Houston.  He is interested
in developing a model for health care delivery that would take into account
best practices for improving access to care as well as some cost-benefit
data of treatments (similar to the Oregon health plan).  Becky was impressed
with his commitment to get physicians involved with this effort and focus on
the common good.
Ms. Pruitt said that Dr. Clifton has funding available to hire someone to do
research and work on this project, but as yet has not had luck recruiting
anyone with appropriate skills/interest.  I told Becky that I would send a
message out to some people I thought might have contacts that would be
helpful. The researcher need not live in Houston.  If you know anyone who
might be interested in this kind of work, please have them contact Dr.
Clifton directly.  He can be reached at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   phone:  713-500-6135.
Thanks.  Laura L. Cross