OCFMR-B Archives

PDQNet Community Leadership Team List

ocfmr-b@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"James W. Mold" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Family Medicine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:34:46 -0500
While the status of OKPRN isn't necessarily something theat the OCFMR Board
must approve, I thought I should keep you posted on developments.  I have
had initial meetings with the Board of Directors of the Family Health
Foundation, the 501c3 organization affiliated with the Oklahoma Academy of
Family Physicians.  They seem excited about the prospect of affiliating with
OKPRN or incorporating it within the FHF. They are investigating potential
problems with such an arrangement.  For OKPRN, such an arrangement might
make certain funding opportunities and transaction easier to accomplish and
would make it easier for a practitioner to take over the Directorship at
some point in the future, assuring that the organization is both
practitioner and family medicaine dominant.
My thought is that OKPRN would then contract with OCFMR for administrative
and research support, and that OCFMR could affiliate with OKPRN through a
subcontract for assistance on funded research projects.
If you have any thoughts or advice for me as I pursue this further, please
let me know.

James W. Mold, MD, MPH
Director, OK Center for Family Medicine Research
405-630-2564 (pager)