OCFMR-ED Archives

PDQNet Core Research Team

ocfmr-ed@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Cheryl B. Aspy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oklahoma Center for Family Medicine Research Education and Training <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:29:55 -0500
Jim Mold has suggested that we (Education & Training Committee for OCFMR)
might take responsibility for planning a staff training conference for some
time this fall.  Last year's conference addressed this areas:
1) general background on OKPRN and basic research design/methods
2) specific instructions on ongoing or upcoming projects
3) clinical skills training (e.g. cognitive screening; ankle-brachial index
measurement)

The conference was held in OKC and we had people come in for dinner on
Friday night and then met on Saturday until mid-afternoon in the Department
classroom.  There were about 30 nurses in attendance.
I am sending this to both the committee list and to our list serv.  If you
have not subscribed to the list please do so and we can continue our
discussion about possibilities for training format and content on that
venue.

In order to subscribe:
        Send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]
        Do not include a subject in the subject line
        The content of the e-mail should say only:  Subscribe OCFMR-ED
You will receive a confirmation of your subscription with instructions for
sending messages to the list as well as managing your subscription.

I look forward to  a lively discussion.

Cheryl B. Aspy, Ph.D.
Professor, Family & Preventive Medicine
OUHSC - 900 NE 10th St.