OCFMR-ED Archives

PDQNet Core Research Team

ocfmr-ed@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Edward E. Rylander, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oklahoma Center for Family Medicine Research Education and Training <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:03:38 -0500
With the palliative care team and end of life issues going on the last few
years is there any interest in tracking the referrals from the clinic and
hospital teams to establish a base line rate, construct an intervention to
educate the staff and residents on the NHO guidelines for evidence based
identification of terminal non cancer patients, and then follow the referral
rate to validate the intervention. I see this as the next step from the
"epic" education process and a study we could do over a years time.

We might even get a grant from the VistaCare foundation or one of the other
hospice groups and I know Robert-Wood Johnson also has funds available for
end-of-life education programs.

Edward E. Rylander, M.D.
Diplomat American Board of Family Practice.
Diplomat American Board of Palliative Medicine.