OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:11:00 -0600
Since the weather is forecast to be good, I think I'll have another
antenna-making party at my house Saturday, from noon until ... .

We made Moxon Rectangles last time, and it was fun.

Yes, it's short notice, but it's the best I could do under the circs.
Bill B., would you be so good as to forward this to the SCARS list,
please? Thanks!

Address is

429 Dakota
Norman 73069

Starting in OKC,

1  take I-35 south to Robinson,
   If you get to Main, you've gone too far.

2  then Robinson East to Flood (cross over I-35)
   If you get to the RR tracks, you've gone slightly too far

3  then Flood south to Acres (turn right from Robinson),
   If you get to the light at Kansas, you've gone too far

4  then Acres east to Lahoma (turn left at Acres),
   If you get to Universitry, you've gone too far

5  then south on Lahoma (turn right on Lahoma)
   If you get to Dakota, you're *AT* the house.

In Norman, make your best route to Acres and Flood, and then pick up
at step 4 above.

It's the house between Dakota and Acres on the east side of Lahoma,
with the antenna farm in the back, the red board fence around the
back yard, and two driveways with a little grass between them.

I'll provide hand tools, MFJ-259, hookup wire, and at least one
worktable. You'll need to bring (or go get after arrival) antenna
wire, PVC pipe and fittings, connectors, and small hardware like
screws, nuts, and washers. There are hardware stores fairly close, and
a Radio Shack less than a mile away, if you get caught short on The
Day.

You may also want to bring a chair.

NOTE WELL: My MFJ-259 only goes to about 175 MHz, so if you need good
           SWR and resonant frequency measurements on antennas for
           higher frequencies, you'll need to bring your own.

831-5392 (cell) if you get lost.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
Tired old sysadmin