OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:34:55 -0600
Hi gang -

I've received word that our club adviser, Dr. Pam Wilson (N0MGC), has decided to move on from her position at OUHSC. Unfortunately, this means that she no longer qualifies to be our club's adviser. I'd like to personally thank Pam for her semester-and-change of service to OUARC and wish her best of luck in her future endeavors.

I am now opening up a one-week nomination period for a new club adviser. Title 10, Section 4.2(d) of the UOSA Student Code says, "Each organization must have an adviser who is a full-time member of the University faculty or staff." If you know someone who fits this definition and is willing to serve in the capacity of adviser to our club, please send me the nomination off-list. At the end of the one-week period, the list of nominees will be announced, and we'll select an adviser using an online ballot. If there is only one nomination, that person will be the new adviser by default. In the case of a tie, there will be a run-off.

Dr. Kim Elmore (N5OP, Pam's husband) has already thrown his hat into the ring, and I hereby nominate him.

So, please send me nominations. The deadline is next Thursday, Feb. 1 at the meeting time (7:00 p.m.). Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects