OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:34:38 -0500
Hi everyone -

Thanks a million to Stan, Jason, Chip, Chris, and Andrea for helping out with the antenna removal today!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=wr3j80l.arph7g4t&x=0&y=-5zcb0k
We got all the antennas and masts off the house. We were not able to remove the 2 m circular polarized antenna (or its rotator) on top of the telephone pole. Chip determined that the footholds on the sides of the pole were not secure enough to ascend safely. We'll have to get ahold of some more specialized equipment (like a bucket truck) in order to get that particular antenna down. (Anyone have any suggestions?)

Also... I have only had two sign-ups so far for the Wal-Mart radio programming. Remember, you won't be alone (there'll be Wal-Mart employees there too), and you don't have to come for the whole 10-4 shift! If you can volunteer for even a couple hours, that would be immensely helpful. Please let me know if you can come on April 14th or 21st, and which Norman Wal-Mart (east or west) you prefer.

Radio training will be this coming Thursday. Here's the manual for the radio that Wal-Mart will have on sale.
http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus/store/catalog/WR100.pdf

Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects