OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:31:03 -0500
Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered their help with this project. It sounds like we've got more than enough trucks and a ladder. Chip has climbing gear and volunteered to do the climbing anytime after Tuesday. Someone even offered us a cherry-picker!

The next issue is the weather. For safety's sake, I don't want to do this antenna removal in anything less than optimal weather - that means no rain, no strong winds (gusts > 30 mph), and definitely no lightning. Unfortunately it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate during the latter half of this week, thanks to a cutoff low that's going to park its fat butt right over the Texas panhandle and stay there for about four days. (Curses!) So I guess I'll have to ask y'all to standby until further notice...

Attached are some pictures of the site. The thing I thought was a VHF antenna was actually a regular TV antenna (my bad!) so we might want to leave that up. Just wanted to give you guys a better idea of what we're dealing with.

Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects