OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:52:16 -0600
Oh, I doubt it.  I put them up in ... 2010?  I did find and print out the
docs, so the measurements were correct at time of install.  IIRC, the SWR
on 2m was OK at that time.  No way of checking 70 cm, but radio did not
catch fire when used.

They are a little ... overwhelming ... mounted on the side of the house so
I'm seriously considering selling them (and the Channel Master wall mounts)
and replacing them with that Arrow Antennas dual-band ground plane that was
in the Jan QST.  I have 10 elements for DX; these or the GP are just for
local repeaters.

Peter

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16