OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:48:38 -0500
Greetings fellow hams and hams-to-be...

I'm pleased to announce that our guest speaker at our next meeting (Oct. 5th, 7:30 p.m. at the shack) will be Jeff Wyke, KT5OK, the SKYWARN coordinator for Cleveland County. Jeff will be giving us an overview of SKYWARN operations in and around Norman, how reports are used, which repeaters to monitor, etc. This won't be full-blown SKYWARN training (we'll wait till spring for that), but it should give all of us a solid understanding of SKYWARN operations in our area. Refreshments will be provided.

Attached is a flyer for the meeting. I won't have a whole lot of time to do flyering this time around, so if you have the ability to print out, say, five copies and post them around your respective areas, we could cover a lot of ground. Please refrain from posting flyers in public areas of NWC until after the dedication ceremonies end on Friday.

BTW, don't forget our antenna work day this Saturday, Sept. 30th starting at 10 a.m.! I promise to bring donuts!

Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects