OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Tanamachi, Robin L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tanamachi, Robin L.
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:09:28 -0500
Hi folks -

Good news! Dr. Snow has graciously granted our request to put our cabinet in the NWC observation deck, subject to a number of conditions. All OUARC members are instructed to read very carefully the list of conditions below - particularly the parts about keeping the observatory neat and clean, and not interfering with students who are there to study! The use of the NWC observation deck space is a ***privilege*** and it will be up to all of us to maintain that privilege.

I've gotten back in touch with a rep at Hard Edge about printing us some nice decals to place on the sides of the cabinet. Once that's completed, we'll be ready to assemble and install the cabinet - hopefully next weekend (Sept. 20th-ish)

BTW: For anyone interested, Aaron B. and I will be up on said obs deck tonight for a Hurricane Ike watch/listen party on HF after about 8 p.m. Anyone with regular NWC access can feel free to join us, or give us a shout on the OU repeater.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"The reward of the young scientist is the emotional thrill of being the first person in the history of the world to see something or to understand something... The reward of the old scientist is the sense of having seen a vague sketch grow into a masterly landscape." -- Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin