OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:31:32 -0500
Hi everyone -

We've been offered a number of external antennas off a house near Purcell that's currently on the market. The previous owner can no longer use the antennas, so if we can take the antennas down before the house gets sold, they're ours.

I went out to survey the site (but forgot my camera... blast!). It's a double-wide mobile home with about five antennas on the roof or elsewhere on the property. I spotted what looks like a VHF Yagi mounted to the side of the building and a G9RV strung up on the roof. The most difficult to remove will probably be a cubical quad on top of a 30+ ft. mast; removing it will definitely require a harness and ropes. We will also need tools (incl. bolt cutters), a ladder, and a pickup truck to transport the "loot" home.

I'd prefer to have someone with a good amount of tower-climbing experience to help direct the antenna removal. There's no telling how long the house will be on the market, so I'd like to get this done sooner rather than later. If you have any of the needed equipment/expertise and are willing to help, please e-mail me and let me know when you are available. I'll e-mail the club with a time and date for antenna removal once it's determined.

Also, if someone could forward this request to SCARS, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects