OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:17:17 -0500
Hi everyone -

Our next club meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 2nd at 7:30 p.m. at the Norman EOC. Norman Emergency Manager David Grizzle has generously offered to give us a tour of the EOC and talk about how it operates during severe weather events (and much more, I suspect!) ;-)

To get to the EOC, drive north on Flood Ave. past Robinson St. After about one mile, you will come to a traffic light for Rock Creek Rd./Goddard Ave. Turn left onto Goddard Ave. and go about one block. The EOC is housed inside Fire Station No. 7, which will be on the left, across from the Oklahoma National Guard.

If you need a ride, please contact other club members to arrange a car pool. I can take up to three in my car.

Thanks!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects