OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:07:54 -0600
Hi everyone -

Because of the cold temperatures, and a general lack of agenda items requiring immediate feedback, I don't see a pressing need for an on-air meeting Thursday evening. Instead, I'll throw out a few items of business:

1) The plan for the Feb. 21st spotter training session is to set up a small OUARC sign-up table that will be occupied during the training. I need the following from y'all:
a) Pictures of OUARC activities/equipment/members in action, for inclusion on a large posterboard that will be mounted behind the table. If you have any, please e-mail them to me offline ASAP as an attachment. In particular, does anyone have a copy of the picture of me, Pam, Kim, and their kids that was taken at the last ARRL field day?
b) Volunteers to help me staff said table 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. (I've included 30 minutes on each end for set-up and tear-down, although I doubt it will take that long.) If you can help for all or part of that time, that would be swell; please let me know. I'll send out another reminder on the day of.

2) Matt (KE5IAR) had much better luck lobbying for space in Sarkeys than I did. Dean Larry Grillot actually asked for a space proposal from us. CE&E is planning to remodel floors 11 - 15 and will consider our proposal in their design. Way to go Matt! Matt sent in a rough proposal for space and connectivity requirements. If anyone would like to contribute to it, or has experience drawing up floor plans, please contact Matt offline ([log in to unmask]).

3) Somer and I completed the UOSA budget request and sent it in. We requested more than $2000 worth of equipment, office supplies, and fuel for the 2007-2008 academic year. In my experience, we'll be very lucky if we get approved for one-third of that amount. We'll find out on Feb. 26th.

4) Do any of the committees have anything new to report?

5) Our next in-person meeting will be March 1st, at a location TBA. (Suggestions, anyone?)

Thanks and enjoy the snow!

Robin Tanamachi, KC0BSC
Graduate Research Assistant
OU School of Meteorology
National Weather Center
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 5355
Norman, OK 73072-7307
405-325-1935

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought
without learning is perilous." -- Confucius, The Analects