OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:15:21 -0500
On 03/27/13 14:59, Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate wrote:

> So: Do we need to start a CW class up? Kim?

It's a practice thing, of course.  I passed the 5-wpm test pretty easily
then actually made a bunch of contacts on a borrowed Ten Tec Century 21 to
get my speed up to 13.  Passed that because the place I took the test used
the multiple-choice test for Morse and I got lucky ... never would have
passed if they'd tried to fine one minute solid copy or they'd used the
fill-in-the-blank test.  Took the 20-wpm test at least twice, but never
could quite get it.

Of course, that's all gone as of 2007 ... but I'd really, really like to
get my 20-wpm Code Proficiency certificate, something the ARRL still
awards.  See http://www.arrl.org/code-proficiency-certificate

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16