OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Laws, Peter C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Laws, Peter C.
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 03:33:29 +0000
Well, actually probably the last meeting of this year.

We had 6 members at the meeting tonight, enough for a quorum.  The following members were elected by acclamation as officers for the 2014-2015 academic year:

President -  Carey, N5RM - ECE Junior,
Vice President - Rachel, KD0QYA - ECE/METR Junior
Secretary -  Connor, WX5CJK - DGES Junior
Treasurer - Peter, N5UWY - RCPL graduate student (perpetual)

Congratulations to all!   Except that last guy.

I'm sure I speak for the other members when I express the club's thanks to outgoing president Megan, K5MEM and outgoing secretary Sterling, KF5PMG.

For those that don't know, Megan was instrumental in bringing a D-STAR UHF repeater to the club and the National Weather Center.  Because of that, the NWS Forecast Office is able to communicate directly with storm spotter groups in the NW part of the state via the D-STAR system ... using a D-STAR radio that the club purchased for the purpose.  That right there is resume-worthy stuff, Ms McClellan.

73,
Peter
N5UWY
Treas