OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:51:35 -0600
The actuual Report & Order is out at
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-06-178A1.pdf .
The ARRL has a summary here:
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/12/19/101/?nc=1

It has yet to be published in the Federal Register which is the point
when the 30-day clock starts ticking.  ARRL figures January publication
with a February cut-over date.  The FCC could, however, say "effective
immediately", though that's not likely.

So, the SCARS testing session in January will likely be folks' last
opportunity to take Element 1, the 5 wpm Morse telegraphy test.  That
test is 23 days away which is ample time to learn Morse by ear well
enough to pass the test and participate in a little bit of history!

73,
Peter

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
How am I doing? Please contact my director, Craig Cochell, at