OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:50:41 -0500
In case you missed it ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: OUMM: OU Student Amateur Radio Club, W5TC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:37:06 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

TO: ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF

The members of the Oklahoma Student Amateur Radio Club - W5TC would like to
welcome you, or welcome you back, to the University of Oklahoma for the
start of a new year!

We hope all is going well and you are finding groups that fit your
interests.  Some groups are easier to find than others and campus groups
centered on Amateur Radio might well be in the "harder to find" category.

If you are an amateur radio operator or are interested in becoming one,
please feel free to join us on September 25th at 7 PM at the National
Weather Center on South Campus in Room 1350.  This will be our first
meeting of the semester and a chance for you to become involved.

The OU Amateur Radio Club has a long history at OU. Membership is open to
all licensed students, faculty and staff. Our club station, housed within
the National Weather Center, maintains a D-Star repeater on 444.75 MHz (+5
MHz offset), as well as an IC-7000 HF/VHF DSP transceiver available for
members to operate. Antennas include a 30 ft vertical, with an auto tuner,
good for 10 m through 80 m and up approximately 100 ft with a superb ground
plane. The club also enjoys a 4 element SteppIR up 190 ft that tunes 20 m
through 6 m. The IC-7000 is computer controlled through the club's
networked computer and is used for logging and most (if not all) of the
digital modes. This is an unprecedented equipment list for a student
amateur radio club and provides members with essentially 24 h world-wide HF
communications capability. Full access is available after appropriate training.

"Like" our Facebook page for more information: Oklahoma Student Amateur
Radio Club - W5TC
https://www.facebook.com/OklahomaStudentAmateurRadioClub
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Megan McClellan, K5MEM, President
Meteorology Major
Kim Elmore, N5OP, Faculty Advisor

Kimberly Elmore
CIMMS

As provided by University policy, Randy Peppler has approved the
application for distribution submitted with this E-mail under the mass
E-mail policy. The approval is to the form of the application only, not to
the content or viewpoint of the message. Approval of the form of this
E-mail for distribution under the mass E-mail policy does not imply any
position of the University.

Some students may not wish to receive OUMM. In order to manage these
messages, users should use one of the filtering techniques described at:
http://www.ou.edu/ouit/all/email/massmail.  Students are strongly advised
to review OUMM messages before deleting them to avoid deleting important
communication from their academic department.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16