OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:17:52 -0500
Welcome back Sooner Hams!

Can you beleive that we're a month into the semester already?  Me neither.
  So how is it that I am *two* months behind?

Anyway, OUARC is having its first official meeting of the year.  Date is
this coming Tuesday, September 24th, at 6:30 PM local time.  We'll be
meeting at the National Weather Center in the smaller auditorium, Room
1350.  We try to meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month (not the *last*
Tuesday).  If you are a member of the OU community, please wear your ID as
a badge when you enter the building!

We will be giving an overview of the club and what it does and giving a
tour of the WX5NWC/W5TC radio room on the 6th floor of the NWC.

Dues are due ($15, check or cash, payable to the OU Amateur Radio Club)! If
you can't make it to the meeting, the treasurer works in the National
Weather Center, "room" 3445 and would be happy to take your money.  Being
dues-paid will give you access to the radio room in the National Weather
Center (after proof of license and some training on the equipment).  We
will also have some radios for loan - details at the meeting.

If you are not yet licensed, OUARC does co-sponsor an entry-level amateur
radio class that runs from the beginning of the Spring semester until
Spring Break.

Don't want to wait that long? Self-study manuals are available (in the
library, even!) and testing is conducted here in Norman on the first
Thursday of each month - see http://w5nor.org/license/index.html for
testing details.

OUARC is also very active on social media.  Follow us on Twitter, @w5tc,
and "like" us at http://facebook.com/OklahomaStudentAmateurRadioClub.  The
club website is http://w5tc.org/ and has minutes from previous meetings and
other club information.

Here is a list of local VHF/UHF repeaters:

444.7500 MHz, +5.000 MHz input,  W5TC repeater (requires D-STAR radio!)
147.0600 MHz, +600 kHz input, 141.3 Hz tone, W5NOR (SCARS repeater)
147.0600 MHz, +600 kHz input, 100.0 Hz tone, remote receiver at stadium
443.7000 MHz, +5.000 MHz input, W5NOR (SCARS repeater)
444.3500 MHz, +5.000 MHz input, N5KUK

Currently out of service: 146.8800 MHz, -600 kHz input, no tone, N5MS
graciously allows us to use this as the "OUARC" repeater.

73,
Peter Laws
N5UWY
O*ARC Treasurer

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16