OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Laws, Peter C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Laws, Peter C.
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:48:02 +0000
1) Ham Holiday is Friday and Saturday at OCCC at 7777 S May Ave in OKC (near I-240 and I-44).  https://hamholiday.com/  There will be a test session there among many, many other events.

2) Tonight (and every Tuesday night) is Elmer Night at the Red Cross building on North Base (1205 Halley Ave).  Come, learn, ask questions, hang out with radio nerds.  Nerdery begins around 1830 local time.

3) Regular SCARS exam session on Thursday, 8/1 at Fire Station 7 also on North Base (about a mile from the Red Cross).

4) Some behind-the-scenes stuff on-going related to re-activating the radio club officially with OU.  Details soon!

We do have a Facebeast page for those that like that sort of thing.  Search for "oklahoma student amateur radio club".   We also have a somewhat out of date website at https://w5tc.org/ ... once we get straight with the university we'll update that with relevant info.  I did update the "On The Air" page which describes our station.

--
Peter Laws, BS, MRCP / N5UWY