OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:59:49 -0500
Well, my mail wasn't exactly an RFP!  I just wanted to put out some
info on the stuff we found (the 718 and SGC 2020 are actually up at
WX5NWC in the Blue cabinet along with some other stuff).

We do need to approach the property control folks and see if they can
generate a list of equipment that  we have in our possession that is
on OU inventory - that stuff generally can't be sold and has to go
through the surplus system.  NONE of the items we looked at yesterday
has any kind of OU property tag (of any vintage) on it and that's a
good thing.  The IC718 is MUCH more recent, definitely got bought with
UOSA money, and may well have a sticker ... but that isn't going to be
sold in any case.

I'd really like to see some current students get some of these on the
air!  As N5OP notes, members operating the radios with "hollow state"
final amplifier stages will need training, but that can be done (by Dr
Elmore, not me!).  Everyone has 'phone privileges on 10 and CW on
80/40/15/10 so anyone that can string up an antenna can put one of
these on the air.

Peter
--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16