OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:01:04 -0600
As you may have seen, the FCC has announced its intention to drop the
Element 1 Morse telegraphy test from all license classes.  No date for
the change has been published yet.

It appears, from early tea-leaf reading, that Technicians will
automatically become Tech Pluses, meaning CW/Data/Phone on the "Novice"
portion of 10m and CW on General portions of 15, 40, and 80 m.

To upgrade to General, and get phone (and everything else) on the rest
of HF, you need only pass the Element 3 General written.

If you have an unexpired CSCE from passing the General and hadn't gotten
around to taking the code, you may be able to use that CSCE for a "paper
upgrade" assuming that the CSCE hasn't expired by the time the new rules
take effect.

Again, this is all from tea-leaf reading, so check arrl.org for updates.

Also note that SCARS will likely be having an extra test session or two
to handle the anticipated demand.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
How am I doing? Please contact my director, Craig Cochell, at