OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Carey Legett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carey Legett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:52:32 -0500
Hello all,
        Sorry I was unable to make the OTA meeting last night.  I've had a
bit of a crisis week and was up at Griffin Memorial Hospital to see a
friend and it turns out that visiting hours are 6:30-8:30.

        Anyways, as far as setting up a soundcard interface for a digipeater
(or just general packet station) we need 4 things:
        1) a VHF or UHF radio
        2) a computer running windows that has a soundcard(linux works but
I've never even tried to do it on anything but windows)
        3) an interface between the radio and the soundcard
        4) software that will actually be the digipeater (MixW might work,
I'll look into that)

So, the hardest one of those to come up with if Jud is bringing a 2m
rig and we can find a spare computer lying around somewhere (Matt,
KE5IAR, you said you had one didn't you?), would be the interface.
SO, let me know what kind of rig it is, and I'll get on designing the
correct interface (cheaper than buying one already made).

On a related note, since gerard and I are the only ones that I
personally know of that have packet capability, if anyone's
interested they should let me know and I can get you started in the
right direction.  After all, what fun is a digipeater if there's no
one to talk to on it?

-Chip, WX9EMT

PS - Those of you working on the web page, if you wouldn't mind
shooting me an email so I know who all I'm supposed to be talking to
about it.  I've got some ideas.