OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:35:35 -0600
Laura Kanofsky wrote:
> Sorry this took so long, folks. I went home for a few weeks (just got back yesterday) and forgot to pack the meeting notes.
>
> Hope to see some of you at tonight's meeting.

Might even drop by myself ...

Couldn't help but notice this in the minutes:

"Keith has a storm spotter frequency website. He'd like to convert it to
a database for simplicity and to clean it up. He'd also like it to be
web accessible. Jeff, Jason, and Steven will work on it using some
combination of Access, MySQL, and PHP."

Dr Brewster is probably too modest to mention this so I will.  He's been
providing this list since at least 1992.  That's when I first ftp'd it
(ask your grandparents -- or Dr Ahern -- what ftp is) so it may even be
older.  Keith's put hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into
maintaining this list over the years and it has become the de facto
standard list for storm chasers and spotters alike *nationwide*.

Still no word, BTW, on the effective date for the new license rules.  So
if you pass the General written at SCARS' session a week from tonight,
you'll still have to come back and pay another $14 for a paper upgrade
after the rules change.

73,
Peter

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY

+ Ranked 10th in PC Magazine's 2007 Top 20 Wired Campuses
+ Computerworld 2006 100 Best Places to Work in IT