OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:02:00 -0500
I wanted to address a couple of questions that have come up recently,
as I have the sneaking suspicion that some of you subscribed to this
list may be interested in the answers.

1. When and where is the next O.U. Improv! show? When and where are
the rest of the performances for this semester?

Answer: Here is the current list of public performances for this semester:
*OMU = Oklahoma Memorial Union

October:
- Wed. 10/13: Public Performance - Couch Dorms (Evening)
- Sat. 10/23: Community Workshop - TBA (1-4pm)
- Sat. 10/23: OMU Performance - Frontier Room (8pm)

November:
- Tues. 11/02: Election Night Variety Show (Vote for Laughs) - Union
Ball Room (8pm-?)
- Sat. 11/20: Community Workshop - TBA (1-4pm)
- Sat. 11/20: OMU Performance - Frontier Room (8pm)

December:
- Sat. 12/04: Community Workshop - TBA (1-4pm)
- Sat. 12/04: OMU Performance - Frontier Room (8pm)

2. How does someone get involved in O.U. Improv!?

Answer: Anyone interested in getting involved only ever need show up
to a practice or performance and simply say so to a player or member
of our group, or they can contact me any time. All of our practices,
unless otherwise noted, are open to the public. To find out when
practices are, contact me or sign up for our Hard Core list
([log in to unmask]) at <lists.ou.edu>. We are now holding
workshops at the end of each month for skill-building for people with
little or no experience. Unless you have some experience or natural
skill, that would be the most ideal starting place if you're wanting
to perform. If you're interested in getting involved in other ways in
the meantime or just getting a sense of how we work,  you're more than
welcome to drop by one of our practices or performances and talk with
me or some other member of our staff.

3. How do you choose players?

Answer: We choose players based on skill level, commitment, attitude,
reliability, experience, and ability to work with others as part of a
team. This is after we've had a chance to see someone at practices
enough to really get an idea of what they can bring to the group. In a
sense, we are always holding informal auditions. We don't turn any
interested party away, but instead will try and work with them to
accomplish their goals, as they relate to improvisational comedy.

If anyone else has anymore questions, feel free to contact me at anytime.

--
Sincerely,

Eric Webb
Manager/Administrative Coordinator, O.U. Improv!
Phone: (405) 307-9769
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
AIM: thelastavatar

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.