OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Ben Ferrone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Ferrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:24:47 -0600
A word to our fans, to our loyal supporters, to our friends and families, to our OU community, and to that guy with the sandwich board that says "The End Is Nigh" on it:

December 21st, 2012 is rapidly approaching, and with it, the end of the world (according to ancient Mesoamerican calendars). For some, as human society slouches toward Bethlehem it is a time to panic, wail, and gnash their teeth as they grasp desperately at straws of meaning in their short, feeble lives in preparation for being snuffed out in a cosmic instant by an utterly alien and unfeeling universe. Others will choose to spend their last days with family and friends, making peace for their tortured souls and finding meaning by looking back on their existence with the satisfaction and fulfillment that comes from a life full of rewarding relationships and genuine altruism. We at O.U. Improv, however, would like to usher in the doom of Planet Earth by doing what we always do: engaging in mindless escapism. By that, of course, I mean performing a hilarious improv show for you and your friends! Join us as we insulate ourselves against the cold reality of our meaningless existence by engaging in childish make-believe.

We've consulted the ancient Mayan prophets, and their calendar has foretold that our show will be in the Scholar's Room on the third floor of the Oklahoma Memorial Union, at 8 p.m. on this Saturday, December 1st. The doors will open at 7:30. With Armageddon on our doorstep, we realize the futility of continuing to engage in an economic system sure to be meaningless in a few short weeks, so admittance to our show will be free. Please invite your family and friends to our show and help them escape from the weariness and depression induced by the specter of the Apocalypse as well!

Our shows are intended for all ages, but please remember that not even the Mayan calendar of prophecy can predict the exact nature of an unscripted comedy show and what topics will be addressed. We at O.U. Improv also believe that the 21st of December may, in fact, not mark the end of the world but rather a transition into a more enlightened and generous age; with that in mind, we will be accepting donations from any individuals who would like to get a head start on that enlightenment and generosity.

For more information about Obviously Unrehearsed Improv, showtimes, booking information, and to watch videos of our performances, please go to our website: www.ouimprov.com. You can also sign up for regular email updates regarding upcoming shows and workshops. If you have questions or need to make arrangements due to disability, please email [log in to unmask]

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.