OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:20:15 -0600
O.U. Improv! (Obviously Unrehearsed Improv! or O.U.I! For short) will
host its second community workshop Saturday November 6, 2004 from 1pm-
4pm in the Sooner Room of The Oklahoma Memorial Union, 900 Asp Avenue,
Norman.  The workshop will be led by veteran O.U.I! members and will
include important skill building exercises in areas such as mime and
the creation of performance space, the five elements of an improv
scene, and comedic timing.  The event is free and open to the public,
but some material may not be suitable for everyone.

This marks O.U. Improv's 2nd community workshop of the year, the first
of which was held in September. ""The workshops were part of the
original mandate of our organization,"" stated Eric Webb, General
Manager of O.U. Improv!.  ""We feel that it's important to share with
others what we have learned about this extraordinary art-form."" Clint
Vrazel, O.U.I! co-founder and performer, added, ""This isn't just for
people that want to perform in front of audience.  There are a lot of
skills that one develops in this arena that can be taken back with you
into your everyday life. Public speaking, awareness of one's
environment of other people, and trusting your own instincts are just
of the areas that benefit by participating in a workshop like this.""

Understudy member of O.U.I!, Joni Hertz, who depends on the workshops
for skill building said, ""The workshops help to enhance my growth as
an improv actor.  It is a great way to decide if improvisation is
right for you.""

The group plans on holding the workshops on a monthly basis.  For more
information of to make special arrangements please contact Eric Webb
at [log in to unmask] or 405-307-9769.

-----

Check out our website www.ouimprov.com

-----

O.U. Improv! Upcoming Fall Performances

November:

-Sat. 11/06: Community Workshop - Sooner Room, OMU (1-4pm)
-Sat.   11/20: OMU Performance - Scholars Room, OMU (8pm)

----------

Hello All,

My apologies for the problem with the virus. My home PC checks out as
being clean. I'll scan my work computer tomorrow, but we're 90%
certain that the virus did not come from me. Someone on the list did
get the virus though, which spoofed (faked) my e-mail address. If you
opened the attachment, I am including a link below to download a
removal tool for the virus in question.

This is the first time we have ever had this problem on our lists.
Hopefully it will be the last. You should all be warned though: this
list does not provide its own filtering. Its up to you and your e-mail
providers to do that. If you receive an e-mail "from me" that does not
have a subject, don't open it. I always include subjects and almost
always label them O.U. Improv!

Here's the link for more info. on the virus and the removal tool:

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,

Eric Webb
Manager/Administrative Coordinator, O.U. Improv!
Phone: (405) 307-9769
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
AIM: thelastavatar

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.