OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:18:38 -0600
From Marcy:

----------------

Hello OU Improv! Folks,

We had a stupendous show last weekend, and I wanted to thank everyone that
came out to play and laugh. We had our largest crowd ever, coming in around
82 (est.). And the list serv now has 163 subscribers. Woo Hoo! I welcome all
our new members and hope to see you all again to play at the next show. This
email is to inform everyone of some upcoming OU Improv events. These are
great ways to get more involved in the group and get to know everyone
better.

1. This Sunday, 1/25, we will be having an administrative meeting, the first
and probably only one OU Improv! will ever have. We will meet at The Lair
(tm), the home of Clint, Stefan, and Eric at 932 Drake Dr. at 5pm. We will
be giving input on how to improve playtime, better defining the role of the
mc, how to let more people take part, and on some extra events and workshops
that are possibilities in our future. If you want to get more into the
squishy business of OU Improv this meeting is one to be at. All are welcome
to attend. Call Eric at 307-9769 or me at 413-0162 for directions or a ride.

2. Our next show is 01/31, next Saturday at 8pm with a 7pm warm up. We will
be meeting in the Heritage Room in the Union. It seats more than the Sooner
room, so we should be more comfortable and better able to include more
people in the games.

3. We will be chalking and handing out flyers for this show on this upcoming
week on Wednesday (01/28). We'll be handing out the flyers from
11:30am-12:30pm on the South Oval in front of Gittinger. For Chalking, we
will be reconvening at 1pm beside the Fountain on the SW corner of the Union
by the Conoco Wing. For info. call Eric or myself. This is a fairly quick
way to contribute to the success of our next show. I hope lots of you can
come out and help (the more, the merrier, and the quicker we get done :-)

Another reminder about the next show will go out next week. Spread the word
and bring some friends!

Thank you all and see you soon.

Marcy.

If you would like to be removed from this list, you can reply to this email
with “remove” in the subject bar or go to http://lists.ou.edu and do it
yourself.

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime