OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Ben Ferrone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Ferrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:11:04 -0600
Fans of O.U. Improv,

As we all watch the news of this year's terrible flu epidemic (which is newsworthy despite being the fifth straight year of terrible flu epidemics in a row), many of us may overlook another, much more insidious malady: terminal boredom. This month alone, the CBC (Centers for Boredom Control) estimates that over 97% of Americans will be bored at some point. At O.U. Improv, we believe this is an unacceptable public health and safety risk. As such, we have taken upon ourselves a humanitarian mission, and will be delivering doses of entertainment and laughter to the OU community! All you need to do is attend our free clinic to be inoculated against the dreadful danger of an evening without humor and fun!

Our clinic will be open this Saturday, February 2nd from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the Scholar's Room on the third floor of the Union, where we will administering full doses of comedy in the form of a free improv show! The doors open at 7:40, and like the lines at Walgreens to get a flu shot, it's best to show up earlier rather than later. But inoculations against the terrible disease of boredom only control large-scale outbreaks if they are administered to the majority of the population; therefore, our doctors recommended bringing family and friends to protect them from terminal boredom as well.*

*Disclaimer: O.U. Improv is not a registered medical organization. O.U. Improv's members are not medical doctors. This message should not be treated as medical advice. Please seek a physician's advice if you are somehow actually experiencing terminal boredom, which is not a real disease.
Our shows are intended for all ages, but please remember that much like the side effects listed at the end of a drug commercial, it can be hard to predict the exact nature of an unscripted comedy show and what topics will be addressed, causing mild negative reactions in a small portion of the population. We at O.U. Improv also run our laughter clinic without any government assistance, and consequently, we always appreciate donations.

For more information about Obviously Unrehearsed Improv, showtimes, booking information, and to watch videos of our performances, please go to our website: www.ouimprov.com. You can also sign up for regular email updates regarding upcoming shows and workshops. If you have questions or need to make arrangements due to disability, please email [log in to unmask]

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.