OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Clint Vrazel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clint Vrazel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:58:25 -0600
(I apologize for the delay on getting this out. The Listserv has been funky,
and not in a good way.)

All of us here at The Lair (tm) hope that you all had a good break away from
the monotony of going to class, the tedium of homework, and the stress of
tests while you were dealing with the boredom of family gatherings, the
mental and physical atrophy from sitting in front of a tv and gorging
yourself on leftovers day after day, and the tension from having to live
with your parents again, if only briefly. But alas, those days are past and
we find ourselves on the doorstep of the unknown: A new year, a new
semester, and a new beginning for OU Improv!

Come Join us for the 1st Improv of the New Year:

Saturday, January 17th
8:00pm in the Sooner Room, OMU

- We've got a bunch of new props! Hats, Wigs, and assorted doo-dads and
thing-a-majigs to enhance the Improv Experience.
- Creatively Inclined? Come with ideas and suggestions for games.
- Musically inclined? Bring an instrument and jam along, on games like Do
Run Run, Compilation, and 3 Headed Opera Star.
- Socially Inclined? Bring a friend... bring a whole gaggle of friends!

We'll be hosting an after-Improv gathering here at The Lair (c) at 932 Drake
Dr. If you need directions, mapquest it or get in touch with me.

!!!Important!!!

We need some volunteers!!! We are going to be harassing passersby, sharing
the joy of comedy, and distributing flyers on the South Oval Tuesday (01/13)
and Wednesday (01/14) from 11:30am to 12:30pm both days. We'll meet in front
of Gittinger at 11:20am. Bring an instrument, a hack, a sphere, juggling
pins, and anything else to entertain and amuse the rabble... and most
importantly get them interested in playing with us!

After a short break we'll be chalking on Wednesday (01/14) starting at
1:00pm. We'll meet up at the fountain on the west side of the OMU right
outside the Conoco Wing.

Those are all the details on events going on this week. Please attend
everything you can. Let's get the word out about OU Improv! Another reminder
will go out on Thursday. If you have any questions, just ask.

Sincerely,

Eric Webb
(405) 307-9769
E-Mail/WM: [log in to unmask]
AIM: thelastavatar

Find out everything you need to know about Las Vegas here for that getaway.
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/vivalasvegas.armx