OUIMPROV-L Archives

Obviously Unrehearsed Improv Announcement List

OUIMPROV-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:04:24 -0500
O.U. Improv! T-shirts are on sale now. Remember O.U. Improv's best
season yet with your own commemorative "World Tour" T-shirt. They are
black 100% cotton tees with our logo and tour dates on them. Place
your order by emailing [log in to unmask] or calling Marcy at
413-0162 with your size and the number you want by noon on Thursday.
Sizes M, L, and XL are $12 each. For each additional X add $1. O.U.
Improv! T-shirts will
be available for pick up at Vote '04 Laughs on Nov. 2nd.. Reserve
yours while supplies last. (Please make checks payable to James
Murray).

Thanks to Marcy for finally getting this done after talking about
shirts for the last year and to Amber Bishop for pulling together the
artwork on a tight deadline and to Universal Printing for being so
prompt with their production.

O.U. IMPROV! TO HOST "VOTE '04 LAUGHS"
ELECTION NIGHT WATCH PARTY & VARIETY SHOW

www.ouimprov.com

"Make our watch party, your watch party!"

-----

O.U. Improv! (Obviously Unrehearsed Improv!) is busy making
preparations for "Vote '04 Laughs," a one-of-kind Election Night Watch
Party and Variety Show, that will take place on November 2nd, 2004 in
the Oklahoma Memorial Union Ballroom. The show is scheduled to begin
at 8:00pm and will last until 1:00am or until the election is called…
assuming we don't have a repeat of 2000.

"Vote '04 Laughs" will feature live entertainment provided by O.U.
Improv! and special guests, TBA, in the form of sketch and
improvisational comedy, music, and a truly unique interpretation and
evaluation of the election coverage as it happens live. Entertainment
will run 40-minutes of every hour, with a 20-minute intermission at
the end of the hour. As always with O.U. Improv!, the audience will be
part of the show, working with the players to create the ingredients
for many of our games and activities. During specific games, members
from the audience will have the opportunity to perform with the group
on stage. "Vote '04 Laughs" will be a non-partisan event, meaning that
all sides will be potential targets of humor and satire during the
course of the evening. As a result, some material may not be suitable
for all audiences.

Live coverage of the election results will be projected on a 9'x19'
screen mounted at the back of the stage. There will be 2 other
televisions in the Ballroom also providing uninterrupted news
coverage. Seating will be banquet style with tables seating 8 each.
There will be an extensive array of food and beverages for all tastes
available to those attending arranged in a buffet style. Admission to
"Vote '04 Laughs" will be $6.00 to the public, $5.00 for students. An
additional $1.00 discount will be given to all attendees displaying
proof of having voted, such as an "I Voted" sticker. Group discounts
will be available on purchases of 10 or more tickets.

Tickets can be purchased in advance at any of our upcoming shows, or
can be reserved by phone or e-mail by contacting Marcy Fleming at
(405) 413-0162 or [log in to unmask] or Hillary LaReau at
(405) 326-3311 or [log in to unmask]

For more information or to make special arrangements, contact Eric
Webb at (405) 307-9769 or at [log in to unmask]

Check out our website at www.ouimprov.com

###

Group discounts will be available on purchases of 10 or more tickets.

You are recieving this message because you are subscribed to the OU Improv! listserv. To unsuscribe go to http://lists.ou.edu and search for OUIMPROV-L and select unsuscribe.

If you want more information about OU Improv! practice times, and workshops, or are interested in becoming a Hard Core Member go to http://lists.ou.edu and sign up for [log in to unmask]