Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:12:07 +0200
Dear all,

as the second day of our conference in Dublin is getting started, here
is just a brief update on day 1. It was a successful day, according to
all the participants that I talked with. There were consistently
around 60 participants throughout the day, with up to 100 at peak
times. Participants included local Irish media activists but also many
international guests who are here for the IAMCR conference. We've had
several OURMedia 'veterans' like John Downing, Amparo Cadavid,
Stefania Milan, Bob Hackett, and others, but also many new faces and
many older and younger scholars for whom this has been the first
OURMedia experience.

Sessions ranged from discussions on the media situation in Ireland to
interactive Skype debates on community media in Cyprus and in the
Middle East, and addressed community radio as well as new social
media. Our friends from Dublin Community Television did a tremendous
job in organising the logistics and some parts of the programme, and
the Irish community media network CRAOL generously supported the event.

Day 1 took place at a nice venue in central Dublin. Day 2 is starting
now at Dublin City University.

Best,
Arne