From:
Aliza Dichter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aliza Dichter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:09:23 -0500
[aqui dice que yo escribí un papel -- en ingles-- de Videazimut y otros
coaliciones de los 1990s]

Hello-

I recently did some research on media advocacy coalitions of the 1990's
which included Videazimut. According to my oral history research, just
at the time when the Secretariat was moving to South Africa they lost
their primary funding, and without paid dedicated staff, it was too
hard for the main organizers to keep up, given the demands of their own
home organizations.

The paper is " Together, We Know More: Networks and Coalitions to
Advance Media Democracy, Communication Rights and the Public Sphere
1990-2005"

You can download it here:
http://www.ssrc.org/programs/media/publications/Dichter.10.final.doc

I'd be very happy for any feedback.

Aliza Dichter
CIMA: Center for International Media Action
www.mediaactioncenter.org
518-678-9540