From:
Lumko Mtimde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lumko Mtimde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:14:52 +0200
Dear Colleagues, friends and comrades

This serves to notify you of my new contact address as of 24h00 today, which is :

Office of the CEO
Media Development and Diversity Agency (MDDA)
Tel:    (011) 492 2003
Fax:   (011) 492 1271
Cell:   0828891131
Email:  [log in to unmask]

or

Email : [log in to unmask]

This is where I will be from the 1st of July.

This message also serves to thank all of you for the support you gave me during my tenure as both the IBA Councillor (from 1998) and ICASA Councillor (from 2002). My term ends today, the 30th June.

It has been a great honor and priviledge to serve this country in this capacity as mandated through the IBA Act, Broadcasting Act, Telecommunications Act and the ICASA Act. I was humbled by this responsibility and would like to thank South Africa, and in particular, the then President Mandela, the then Minister Jay Naidoo, the then DG Andile Ngcaba, the then Chairpersons of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Communications (both Ntate Sam Moeti and Ntate Nkenke Kekana), and subsequently Ntate Kgaokgelo Lekgoro.

Similarly, I also thank President Thabo Mbeki, Minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri, DG Lyndall Shope-Mafole and Ntate Godfrey Olifant. The same goes to all the people / members of the teams led by the above and those organisations and individuals who nominated me to serve these two Authorities, IBA and ICASA.

I have learnt a lot and am proud of the achievements as a result of legislative and regulatory interventions of South Africa. There is a lot of work still to be done. As we all know that communication services are not yet universally accessed and available, this in particular when one refers to the rural breadth of our country, like some areas of the Alfred Nzo District (i.e. Mvenyane, which do not have television coverage, etc.). But we all surely agree that a lot of change has happened ever since the transformation agenda led by our new government.

I wish the Authority (ICASA) all the best and hope more regulatory intervention will further empower our communities and change the lives of our people.

Ndiyabonga kakhulu and commit to further the agenda for change where-ever I go. Please do not reply to this  address, use the above new contact address, unless you reply before 18h00 today.

Regards

Councillor Lumko Mtimde
Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA)
Private Bag X10002
Sandton
2146
Tel. +27 11 321 8207
Fax +27 11 321 8537
E-mail : [log in to unmask]
Website : http://www.icasa.org.za/

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Mtimde, Lumko TEL;WORK:(011) 321-8205 ORG:;Council TEL;PREF;FAX:(011) 321-8537 EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:[log in to unmask] N:Mtimde;Lumko TITLE:Councillor END:VCARD