From:
Myriam Horngren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Myriam Horngren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:07:52 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nico Carpentier
Sent: 06 March 2006 10:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ecrea] Newsfilm Online launches demonstrator website

>Newsfilm Online is one of the most exciting resources to be offered to
>Higher and Further Education in the UK. 3,000 hours of television news
and
>cinema newsreels, taken from the huge collection of the ITN/Reuters
>archive, is being made available online in high quality format for
>teaching, learning and research. Newsfilm Online will be a gateway of
>unmatched richness to nearly one hundred years of news, from the 1910s
>the present day.
>

>Newsfilm Online has now launched a demonstrator website at:
>
>http://newsfilm.bufvc.ac.uk/
>
>This 'demonstrator' web site is making some fifty news clips
>(approximately one hour of material) freely available for downloading
>all users. These clips are arranged by theme and decade, and we welcome
>your comments on any of these. We hope to add more clips to the site in
>due course.
>
>The main delivery of 3,000 hours will be in February 2007.
>

>James Taylor the project's Education and Outreach Officer is currently
>arranging visits to HE and FE institutions to demonstrate the Newsfilm
>Online Resource and to seek input from teaching and research staff and
>students on the needs and requirements of educational users. If you
would
>like James to visit your institution, have any queries or would like
any
>more information on Newsfilm Online you can contact him using the
details
>below.
>
>James Taylor
>Education/Outreach Officer
>Newsfilm Online
>http://newsfilm.bufvc.ac.uk/
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>Phone: 020 7430 4580
>Address:
>200 Grays Inn Road
>London
>WC1X 8XZ

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Pleinlaan 2 - B-1050 Brussels - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-629.24.14
F: ++ 32 (0)2-629.28.61
Office: 5B.401a
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Web: http://www.eccr.info/ecrea/