From:
Adilson Cabral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adilson Cabral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:48:07 -0300
Dear all,
Congratulations Gabi for your return to all. Probably this is part of the
history of many of us here.
I took part of the Videazimuth meeting at 1997, in Campinas, São Paulo
State, with many participations from all over the world.

At that time I took part of the Brazilian Association of Popular Video
(ABVP), that finished oficcially its works at 2002. Now some people that
took part of ABVP are trying to transform the old videos (in U-Matic and VHS
format) into digital. People in São Paulo are working directly on it and
maybe some of this OurMedia list can talk better about it. As I know there
are some historical videos like the first congress of one of our Workers
National Union (Central Única dos Trabalhadores, a CUT), and others from
feminist, black, landless movements etc in Brazil and also Latin America,
specially from the 80s.

We are trying to find some grants to do it, so if anyone can help us, please

Best,
Adilson