From:
Gabi 쓴 글 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gabi 쓴 글 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 01:37:33 +0900
Dear OUR Media friends,

I am happy to report that I have completed my PhD in Social Sciences with a
thesis entitled "Theory for Civil Society Media: Lessons from the World
Summit on the Information Society."

The text can be downloaded from:
http://homepage.mac.com/ellenycx/remoCSM/FileSharing106.html
Password: csm

Thank you to all of you who shared your experience and knowledge. I could
not have done it without this network. I hope this thesis will be of some
use to you and our movement. As I continue to build on it, any comments and
feedback is still very welcome.

My only regret is that my mentor and advisor of many years, Midori Suzuki (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_Suzuki ) did not live to attend the
graduation, though she saw to the completion of the text and its defense
even from her sickbed. With her help, I also managed to secure a position as
research fellow for 2 years: I will be coordinating a project (including a
research consortium) on policy issues & frameworks for our media in Japan
and the EU. Will keep you posted.

Hope this finds you all well, and see you in Sydney!

G a b r i e l e  H a d l

JSPS Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The University of Tokyo
Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies