Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:30:56 -0000
As requested by Clemencia, I am forwarding my message to the whole network

all the best

nick

Dear Clemencia

The fact that the Our Media network has achieved a scale and a momentum that could never have been envisaged 5 years ago can only be a cause for celebration, and where the next 5 years will take it must be down to those who are now most active, not those there at the beginning.

But I agree with you that for a year or two some sense of continuity may have multiple benefits: I think that the message of those early years (that initiatives by media practitioners and media academics can work, even work spectacularly well) remains an important one which it would be good for people to be aware of for a while yet.

So in that spirit, I will certainly try to be at the next Our Media, especially if it is this year - for (positive!) personal reasons, I expect to be travelling less for a while from early next year.

All the best to everyone

nick