From:
Christian Fuchs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:44:51 +0000
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2018/british-academy-global-professorships-now-open-for-outstanding-international-researchers

The Communication and Media Resarch Institute (CAMRI,
http://www.camri.ac.uk) and the University of Westminster are keen to
consider eligible applications from outstanding international
researchers not currently working in the United Kingdom, to bring their
research experience to the UK and to advance our research goals through
a Professorship with the University.

The University of Westminster has a proud tradition of global
collaboration. We are ranked in the top 30 in the world for
‘International Outlook’ (Times Higher Education Young University
Ranking, 2017 and 2018), and are committed to engaging with world-class,
internationally recognised scholars.

The British Academy Global Professorships are four-year appointments
expected to involve a specific research focus and represent a complete
project.

To apply, eligible applicants for this scheme must first submit an
Expression of Interest to the University, available below, describing
their research proposal and why they have selected the University of
Westminster as their host institution. Successful candidates will be
supported by Westminster through the British Academy application process.

Applications will be considered on the basis of research excellence: the
scholarly importance of the project; the feasibility of the proposed
research programme, especially the proposed methodology and timescale;
and the match with our own research goals and strategy. Successful
candidates will need to demonstrate in their CV a clear research
trajectory and international standing in their field.

All applicants will need to identify a University of Westminster
supporter prior to submitting their application. You should discuss your
application with your supporter. We will not be able to consider an
application submitted without a supporter.

Interested candidates should please first contact CAMRI directors
Christian Fuchs and Anastasia Kavada - [log in to unmask],

Prof. Christian Fuchs
University of Westminster,
Co-Director of the Communication and Media Research Institute
http://www.camri.ac.uk
@fuchschristian
+44 (0) 20 7911 5000 ext 67380