OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:08:34 -0800
The OWP Annual Winter Writing Retreat

Have you found yourself wishing for some quiet time to
sit down and write? Do you enjoy getting together with
fellow writers from the OWP? Then mark this date! On
Friday evening, Feb. 24, OWP fellows will meet at
Roman Nose State Park for our annual Winter Writing
Retreat. The retreat will continue until mid-afternoon
on Saturday, and all OWP fellows are invited (and
encouraged!) to attend.

This is a fun event, the rooms are inexpensive, and we
hope you will come. Some people will book a room alone
and approach this as a personal retreat.  Others will
double up to save money and be with a friend, and
others will bring their families. You will need to
call Roman Nose and arrange your own lodging.

For meals, there is a restaurant at the lodge. If you
play a musical instrument, we hope you'll bring it for
a little wine and song on Friday evening, after we
write. Don't forget your laptop, if you use one, and
it's a good idea to bring a snack to contribute to the
snack table. This is, after all, the OWP, and we do
like to eat.

When you have made your reservation, please send an
e-mail message to Dana Loy <[log in to unmask]> so we
can keep track of how many to expect.   See you at
Roman Nose!