OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:21:34 -0800
OWP is planning a Showcase for Administrators Feb. 9,
and we need your help.  We urgently need the names,
addresses, and e-mail addresses of staff development
chairs, district coordinators, and/or administrators
to invite.  Please reply to this e-mail with names and
addresses of the most appropriate person from your
school or district to invite to the free brunch and
showcase.  We hope to drum up lots of business for us
(and for you) during the 2005-2006 school year.

Thanks for your help.

Janis

Below is the article that will appear in the upcoming
OWP News:

OWP OFFERS SHOWCASE OF INSERVICE FOR ADMINISTRATORS

        OWP is offering a Showcase for Administrators
February 9, 2005, 9:00-11:30 a.m. in the Ballroom of
the Oklahoma Memorial Union on the campus of the
University of Oklahoma.  Brunch will be served.  There
will be no charge for administrators.

The objective is to reach administrators in all parts
of the state to make them aware of the variety of
inservice programs the Oklahoma Writing Project has to
offer districts.

OWP will also give away a 2-hour inservice workshop to
one of the attendees.

OWP TCs are urged to invite the representative from
their district most likely to contract for district
inservice with OWP.

 “We also hope to attract some high quality teachers
to our 2005 Summer Institute,” said Janis Cramer,
Co-Director of Inservice.  “We believe when the
administrators see what the Summer Institute has to
offer, they’ll go back and encourage their best
teachers to apply.”

        In the past, OWP has held Administrators’ Day at the
close of the Summer Institute. Even though the
programs were effective, few administrators attended
because of the time of the year.   Many were on
vacation.

        “We think February is the perfect time to showcase
what we have to offer,” Cramer said, “because that is
the time of the year administrators and curriculum
directors are planning their staff development for the
following school year.”

        The plan for the program is to involve the audience
in quickwrites, to show snippets of some of the most
effective presentations OWP has to offer school
districts, to invite some of our teacher consultants
to read from their own writing, and to display
anthologies from the Summer Institute.

        A flyer advertising the Showcase Celebration will be
mailed to every teacher consultant in January.  “We
urge everyone to make sure your district is
represented at the event,” Cramer said. “Our goal is
to have 75 administrators there.  We hope the result
will be lots of inservice work for our teacher
consultants for the 2005-2006 school year.”