OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:17:20 -0800
R E M I N D E R

Deadline for the OWP writing contest is Friday!

Teachers, last year we had 17 entries in the teacher
contest.  Now, OWP people, there's no excuse for you
not to enter.  Right now, while you're thinking about
it, go to your computer and print up something you
wrote when you went through the summer Institute, a
poem, a narrative, an essay...

Go to the OWP website to find information about the
contest:

http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/contest.html
Download cover sheet and entry blank.
Or I'll be glad to fax you one if you can't open the
document.
Phone and fax:  405-495-4903

Elementary teachers, we usually have very few entrants
in your division.  I know you've all had your students
write poems and descriptive paragraphs this year.
Find some good ones and send them in!  Nothing is
better motivation for kids to write than for someone
in their class to win a contest!  Elementary entries
do not have to be typed.

Middle school and high school teachers, you guys
usually do a good job of sending in entries, but if
you've never entered the contest before, try it this
year.

Entry fees are $2.50.  You may enter 15, but you don't
have to enter 15.

Winners will be honored at the OWP workshop for
students and teachers March 30.

Come on.  Do it this year.

Janis

=====